Below you can find a list of useful databases, bioinformatics tools, and teaching resources.
Some of these are currently being used to analyse un-published data and will be locked through password protection (marked with *).
Research and data sharing:
- SalmoBase. An integrated database of salmonid genomic resources.
- SalMotifDB. A graphical interface to test for overrepresented transcription factor binding sites in the promoters of salmonid fish species. Provide you gene list, get your results, and browse them in a interactive table or download as a raw text file.
- Liver lipid metabolism gene expression atlas. An open resource to visualise gene orthology, tissue specific gene expression, and feed/life-stage associated changes in gene expression in Atlantic salmon.
- Light and salt project*
- driftR: population genetic simulations with R and Shiny. driftR was written by CJ Battey.
- SequencEnG. An interactive learning resource for next-generation sequencing (NGS) techniques.